< back to team
Salvadore R. Salvo, Co-Founder
Salvadore R. Salvo is Co-Founder and Principal of Summit Financial Resources, Inc. as well as the Co-Founder of The Institute for Family Wealth Counseling, both located in Parsippany, NJ. He is a nationally recognized financial and consultant educator, and lecturer who is supported by a team of over 250 professional and support personnel through Summit Financial Resources Inc. that educate and counsel families about the reduction or elimination of their capital gains and estate taxes. He has conducted hundreds of seminars that empower families to pass on their entire estate to their children and personal family foundations dedicated to perpetuating their values. The topics include "Zero Estate Tax Planning" and " Family Wealth Preservation in the New Millennium." Sal has made guest appearances on CNBC's "Market Watch" and CNN's "Take it Personally." He has saved more than $500 million in estate and income taxes for hundreds of wealthy families and businesses from New York to California in the last thirty-five years and has generated over $60 million for charities.
Sal combines his work ethic with his commitment to his family and the community. He is a past president and current Board Member of the Shepherds of Youth, a charitable trust with the purpose of educating inner-city children. Sal has participated as a Board of Trustees member of the Columbus Hospital Foundation and the American Heart Association Planned Giving Committee. An Eagle Scout, Sal has also served as an Assistant Scout Master.
Much of Sal's success can be attributed to his individual commitment to his clients, family and the community. His expertise in counseling business owners and their families has established him as a leader in his field. This expertise, along with his personal commitment, Sal's dedication and integrity, has earned him the respect and admiration of his colleagues, clients, and associates.
Sal and his wife Kathleen live in Warren, New Jersey and have five children.
- Consultant, universities, community foundations, hospital foundations and other charities
- Continuing Education Instructor, JDs, CPAs, CLUs, ChFCs and CFPs
- Presenter, national tax and estate planning symposium
- Guest Speaker, CPA & law firms, estate planning councils and bar associations
- Radio Show Host, The Road to Significance, a weekly talk radio show on WMTR on 1250 AM
- Invited TV Guest, CNBC's Market Watch and CNN's personal finance program Take it Personally
- Past President, Shepherd's of Youth Foundation and the New Jersey Executive Association
- Past Member, Planning Giving Committee of the American Heart Association of New Jersey
- Former Sponsor, Family Business Forum at Fairleigh Dickerson University
- Board Member, National Catholic Education Foundation
- Member, National Association of Philanthropic Planners
- Member, Gift Planning Council of New Jersey
- Member, New Jersey Executive Association
- Bachelor of Science, Fairleigh Dickinson University